If you ever gone to a live Casino and played during your visit, you will notice a huge difference when you do It online either for fun or money.Due to recent popularity the Slot machines online are taking off very fast and seem to be the most popular online casino game of, in fact this gaming line accounts for over 80% (this is an industry estimate) of all online casino revenue making them the casino game of choice. The attraction of fantastic and realistic animations coupled with jackpots and ease of play are also the reasons for its popularity. Pulling the handle or clicking the ‘bet’ button (for online slots) is a lot easier than interacting with dealers or other players at the table games (such as Blackjack) – slot games eliminate this. But in order to make the most of your playing experience, you need to understand how the game works.
The Slot machines today are all programmed by a computer to select a bunch of random objects, and are programmed with C Language or Java. If you ever decide to play online slots you would need to download the Flash software on your desktop in order to see the flash slots. There is absolutely no difference playing online as opposed to sitting down at a casino and playing because its a random game of chance. Once your ready to play you either hit the “spin” button or the computer spin reel and the objects or numbers would stop randomly. Below is a summary of the major types of online slots available in casinos.The aim of a slot game is to click the ‘spin’ or ‘bet’ button and hope you get the right symbols on the relevant pay line to win. You can see all the winning hands in the ‘Paytable’ which you will find below the game normally.
If you take the basic slot machine, there are normally 3 reels. The reels are the things that spin when you pull the lever. If you have 3 matching symbols across the reels (in one line), you have won depending on the paytable. The game has developed a lot since its inception though. We believe you need to understand all the terms used in online slot games. Please find a table below explaining all the variables:
3 Or 5 Reel Slots
Reel slots machines are pretty much the most familiar machines you will see at any major casino. The basic machine is not confusing because you have up to 3 to 5 reel with 1 to 3 pay lines. This is one of the better machines for the beginner that wants to start slow before you move your way up to the more advanced slot machines.
3 Reel Classic Slots are based on the 1st ever slot machine created by Charles Fey. These slots have 3 reels with a variety of symbols on these. They normally consist of lemons, cherries, bars and playing cards. 3 Reel Classic slot games normally offer a single payline which means a winning combination will be across the middle line of the 3 reels. Some will offer 3 or 5 paylines. The 3 paylines are across the top, middle and bottom of the reels and the 5 paylines are those 3 plus top left to bottom right and bottom left to top right.
5 Reel Slot Machines are similar to 3 Reel Classic Slots with 5 reels instead of 3. It’s harder to win on 5 reel games but the rewards are bigger as a result. 5 reel slots usually allow up to 5 coins per spin and if you select 5 coins, you will play the 3 lines from left to right and the 2 diagonal lines.5 Reel slot games also offer a wild symbol that acts like a joker to make up a winning combination. If you have 2 symbols of a certain kind and get a wild too, the wild will act as the 3rd symbol to give you a winning spin.
The Bonus is one of the best special features of the Slot Machines where a object appears after you have one a round with a winning selection of various numbers. Depending what game you are player or how much you wagered the bonus varies. The majority of the bonus you would receive would be a free spin or extra credit given to your account. Some bonus rounds the player would be able to pick from a series items on the computer screen to choose from. When you decide to choose an item you would be rewarded money in the game depending what item you choose.
Multi Spin Slots
Multi Spin slots are designed for the more experienced slots player. Multi Spin slot normally are found in 3 reel games whereby instead of just 1 set of reels, they can be anything up to 9 sets of reels in the game. If there are 5 reels for example, you will need a coin per reel. Think of Multi Spin slot games as a slot version of 100 Hands Jacks or Better (Video Poker).Microgaming offer a good range of multi spin slot games. The best game to play in multi spin mode is the very popular Major Millions progressive slot. This game offers one the biggest jackpots in the world – we recommend you play this game at the impressive William Hill Casino.
Fruit Machines are a British version of slots – they are also known as ‘Fruities’. The reason for their name is because the symbols used on the reels are fruits (lemons and cherries for example). You will find ‘Fruities’ in many pubs across the UK but can also find a good variety online – they are sometimes referred to as AWP (Amusement With Prizes) machines.The unique features you can expect when playing Fruit Machines are the ‘Hold’ and ‘Nudge’ capabilities. For example, if you have 2 cherry symbols and a lemon symbol, you can ‘hold’ the 2 reels with cherries and spin the reel that the lemon symbol is on. Therefore, you have a bigger chance of getting 3 cherries for a winning combination. The ‘Nudge’ feature is used when for example you have 2 cherries and you can see another cherry in the final reel. You can deploy the ‘Nudge’ to move the final cherry into place in order to get a winning combination.
Video slots is extremely popular and very similar to regular slots you would see in the casinos. When you play you will see 5 reels unlike the traditional three reel set up and you will notice all types of technology put into this slot. You will notice when you play Video Slots online that the graphics are improved with all types of sounds to make you feel your at a real casino at Las Vegas. Majority of video slots include multiple pay lines with special bonus round with symbols, multipliers and wild symbols.
Progressive Slot machines are games that you play with multiple people and the more people play the more the jackpot builds. Usually at the start there is a seed amount for the jackpots and on each game wager the amount goes us putting it towards the overall prize. Depending on where you play the jackpot amount varies but you can win up to 1 Million if you lucky enough to hit the jackpot.
Due to the increasing amount of popularity for the “The One Armed Bandit” aka Slots you will want to keep up with the terms to be a knowledgeable slot player. At CasinoB we have compiled a list of Slot Slang you would need to stay on top of the game.
- Coin Size – This is how much money you want to insert in the machine usually from 25 Cents to 10 Dollars for one spin.
- Coins per spin – This is the limit of coins you can play for one spin
- Hit Rate – This is a system that lets you know your average in winning and loosing spins.
- Hold – The “Hold” is a percentage of coins played that’s held by the machine that your playing at. Depending on where you play its around 3% to 12%
- Max Bet – This is the amount of money that you can typically spend on one pull of the reel
- Line Bet – This is the amount of coins you place on 1 particular line.
- Progressive Jackpot – Where you play with a group of people as the jackpot grows on each players spin.
- Autoplay – This feature allows a player to select how many spins the game will automatically play for you. You can select to play 10 or 50 spins if you like and this is used by the more experienced slots player.
- Pay Cycle – This interesting belief where the slot machine goes through a pay cycle when it reaches its max in coins and must pay out to the software.
- Paytable – The paytable lets you know how much the symbols in the game are worth. It also tells you which ones are wilds, scatters or which trigger the bonus round.
- Scatter – Scatter symbols are now common in video slots. If you get 2 or more, your stake will be multiplied accordingly.
- Bonus Round – newer slot games offer a bonus round now. This means that you will play a game based on the slot game theme whereby you can win coins.
- Multiplier – A multiplier is not on all slot games. When a multiplier icon appears in a winning combination, the payout is multiplied by the specified multiplier amount. In Gonzo’s Quest for example, there is an X2, X3 and X5 multiplier. The multiplier goes up depending if you have a winning hand on the previous multiplier.
- Random Number Generator (RNG) – The RNG is a computer program that built inside that understands when the symbols decide to line up on the reels. Even when the Machine is not in use its still programmed to keep running and generating numbers. It makes no difference weather you bet high or low because its all based on the sequence of random numbers.
- Reels – This is the rotating part of a slot machine.
- Symbols – The pictures, letter or numbers on the reels. For example Bar – Bar – Bar
- Paylines – This is how many lines there are in a slot game. If the game is a 20 line slot, it has 20 lines. You can bet on all lines or just one if you like. The more you bet on the bigger the win naturally. Its better to bet on all lines but maybe reduce your coin size as a result.
- Wild Symbol – The Wild Symbol is one of the favourites from the player where you receive money when you get it. Sort of like a joker will count as any other symbol and on some slots multiply.
So is there a secret trick in winning by playing Slots? This question has been on peoples mind weather they are playing at home or live at a casino. Some people say, Yes and others say No! Its just a game of luck of random numbers. At Casinob we have compiled a list of tips to help you win more money when you play online or at your local casino.
- Tip 1 – Find the machine that has the highest pay out, you would want to find something that’s over 90%
- Tip 2 – Set a “loosing” goal for yourself. If you have exceeded the amount you wanted to spend, get up and go play another game.
- Tip 3 – Remember your playing a robot that doest care if it has all your money, take your time and and don’t double money up on every spin.
- Tip 4 – Always pay attention to when you cash out because a lot of players forget.
- Tip 5 – Try playing for fun and see if you like it, and once your comfortable play for real money.
- Tip 6 – Slots can be fun but don’t stay stagnate at just one machine move around even though your winning.
Slots Bankroll – Having a Slot Bankroll before you play either online or at a Casino have money limit on how much you want to spend on slots. If you have $150 that you are willing to risk once you go over get up and leave and don’t keep player to avoid wasting more money. Try and be smart with your money, for example if your playing $10 per spin try and making $2 per spin because you have a way better chance of hitting the jackpot.
Slots Payout Chart – This chart is displayed on all the casino slots and it lets you know which symbol combinations win what prize on the game. Due to the Slots not being equal check around and see what machine that has a better payout and play there for a bigger jackpot. Some slot machines have the same amount to insert your money but some pay out way better.
Slots Player VIP Clubs – Being a VIP member at any casino is well worth it if you like to play slots because they reward you each time you play for real money. This is all based on a point system similar to points to fly on an airplane. Each dollar that is spent you will receive points that cash out at the end once you compile them.
Best Slots To Play
If your a new coming into the slot gaming world we have compiled a list to let you know what are the most popular casino slot games being played right now. Playing slots is extremely simply is just a click of your mouse pad or your hand and your off to the races. For some the slot game of choice really depends on how comfortable you feel and if you like all the bells and whistles to go along with it. Take a look at the list below to see the hottest online slots.
- Alien Video Slots – This slot game is one of the freekest games to play. The graphics are off the wall and you enjoy playing and getting scared at the same time.
- The Beverly Hillbillies Video Slots – If you love TV than you would be family with this fun tv show game that people enjoy playing.
- Cleopatra Slots – This game is one of the favorite among player because it offers 5 reels and 9 paylines. This game has Sphinx and Cleopatra symbols with tons of bonus spins.
- Elvis Slots – This is a game that has been around for 30 years now and still going strong. Everybody still loves the king!
- Enchanted Unicorn Video Slots – The game that is voted the favourite slot machine to play with all sorts of strange magic.
- Hexbreaker Video Slots – This new game is getting a lot of attention with its $200 000 payout award with a 5 line 13 mulit-reel combination.
- Jeopardy – Since game shows are extremely popular you will love to sit down and play this fast pace moving game.
- Megabucks – What attracts people to come and play Megabucks is the largest payout in slot history. Millions can be one in one spin!
- Wheel of Fortune Slots – This is a fun, new and exciting game that gives you highest chance of getting a bonus than any other slot game.